SXSW Interactive talk: OMG your RFP is killing me
When: Friday, March 9, from 2–3:00pm
Where: Austin Convention Center, Ballroom BC
Add this session to your SXSW schedule
RFPs are like online dating. The WORST KIND of online dating. Imagine an online dating experience where all users have uniform information provided, one picture (and there’s no telling how old it is…), a host of clinical, antiseptic statistics and data, and from that information, you have to select a date and commit to more than just one rendezvous. You have to commit to 6 months of dating.
There has to be a better way. In this panel, business development professionals will speak to the RFP process and other options. Ways to circumnavigate an RFP will be discussed. Creative alternatives will be outlined and the strengths and weaknesses of RFPs will be analyzed. If you are building an RFP now, this is your intervention. If a project looms on the horizon, learn about your options. If you like a good war story, we’ll be comparing scars like Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss in Jaws.
Austin Drupal Bash
When: Monday, March 12, from 4–10pm (4–6pm: Ask an Expert session, 6–10pm: Party!)
Where: Valhalla (710 Red River Street)
RSVP on Eventbrite
Join us Monday, March 12, to confer, shake hands, and share enthusiasm with those in the Drupal community. There will be experts. There will be camaraderie. There will be beer.
From 4-6pm, you’ll have the opportunity to interact one-on-one with key players in the Drupal community during the “Ask an Expert” session. Got a burning how-to question? Ask away! Want to pontificate on the open-source philosophy? Talk it up! Want to hear more about how Drupal’s affected these experts’ lives and careers? Go on, pry!
The following Drupallers will be on all from 4-6pm for the Ask an Expert session:
- Samantha Warren, Design Director at Phase2
- Karen Borchert, Product Director at Phase2
- Scott Reynen, Lead Developer at Aten Design Group
- Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg, Partner/Director at Zivtech
- Benji Davis, Project Manager at Zivtech
- Andrew Elster of Astonish Designs
- Diwant Vaidya of Astonish Designs
- Matt Heisterman of Astonish Designs
- Nick Comito of Astonish Designs
- Steve Williams of Astonish Designs
- Diana Dupuis, Director of Professional Services at Four Kitchens
- Ian Carrico, Developer at Four Kitchens
- Rob Ristroph, Developer and Systems Administrator at Four Kitchens
- Todd Nienkerk, Partner at Four Kitchens
The party starts after “Ask an Expert” at 6pm, and the fun lasts ‘til they kick us out.
Organized by Four Kitchens and GeekAustin
Commenting on this Blog post is closed.