We’re excited and proud to have CEO Todd Ross Nienkerk keynoting at this year’s Drupal Camp Costa Rica! Todd will be giving his popular talk, Creating a Culture of Empowerment – which has been featured at DrupalCon Latin America, DrupalCon LA, Stanford DrupalCamp, Twin Cities Drupal Camp, and NYC Camp.
Drawing on more than 15 years of leadership at Four Kitchens and other creative organizations, Todd will explain why empowerment is the foundation of all successful teams and demonstrate how the open-source philosophy as modeled by the Drupal community can be applied to organizational culture.
What is empowerment? Why does it matter? How can an organization create a culture of empowerment?
The guiding principles of empowerment:
- Build a company you would want to work for.
- Give people control over their destiny.
- Make trust the center of your culture.
How to cultivate empowerment:
- Personal brands. You shouldn’t be afraid that people will leave. If you’re afraid people will become “too good,” then you’re not offering something they want — and you know it.
- Go virtual. Allow your team the flexibility to work from home — or anywhere in the world.
- Adopt agile methodologies. Allow teams to self-organize around projects and problems.
- And much, much more…
If you’re attending Drupal Camp CR, make sure not to miss Todd’s keynote on Friday, July 31!
Making the web a better place to teach, learn, and advocate starts here...
When you subscribe to our newsletter!